Pages

12/07/2014

Scallop Edges & Topknots

 photo DSC01524_zps6f8ce242.jpg
 photo DSC01523_zpsffaa4418.jpg
 photo DSC01525_zpsc6a86d7c.jpg
 photo DSC01528_zpsdb8deb82.jpg
 photo DSC01527_zpscda810e7.jpg
Top - Asos
Skirt - Asos
Bag - Topshop
Necklace - Matalan
Shoes - Topshop
Hair Accessory - River Island 

This skirt is one of my favourite recent purchases, and one that will be sticking in my wardrobe for a long time. It's really soft, a gorgeous colour, and I adore the scallop detailing on the hem! The only issue is that it creases immediately because it's made of linen, but that doesn't bother me too much. I'm probably going to buy a few of the other colours.. I can't help it.

I'm still unsure as to whether I've  mastered the topknot but I gave it a good go today. My hair is really long and fine so I sometimes find it tricky to gather it all up and make it look messy at the same time. I bought this flower hair accessory from River Island last year but here is a beautiful similar one. It's perfect for making topknots look a little more dressed up, especially in the summer. 

I really recommend Matalan if you want nice, inexpensive jewellery. Whenever I go into the store it's the first section I head for. I often find incredibly similar necklaces, rings and ear-rings that I've bought in Topshop or Miss Selfridge but in Matalan they're at least £4 cheaper. It's definitely worth having a look round if you have a store near you. The rings are selection of random places, so if there's one you like I'll let you know where it's from!

Hope you're all enjoying your weekends! I'm off to a BBQ/party for the world cup final tomorrow which is exciting! Who do you think will win?



31 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this outfit! I'm really enjoying scalloped edges at the moment! So summery! -- Lindsey xx

    http://touchedbythesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! I love the scalloped skirt!
    -Magenta xxx

    http://magenta-s-w.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your necklace is gorgeous, Matalan do some great stuff sometimes :) your hair looks lovely too! I'd love to do something like that with mine but mine is short as well as fine so it never works haha

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Haha honestly everyone says it takes 2 minutes to do a topknot but I struggled for about 10 mins!

      xx

      Delete
  5. I'm a but of a sucker for anything with a scalloped edge! Love the skirt!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scallop edges, I think it looks great for summer. I love the hair accessory x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit is amazing! I especially like the skirt and the necklace :)

    Love, Sara Wallflower
    http://sarawallflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The outfit is so summery! I love how you have paired the outfit with such beautiful necklace! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post!:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  10. your skirt is so adorable, the color is so summer like and i love the top you paired with it.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so lovely! Love your necklace and skirt. :D
    Would you like to follow each other? I'm following you already! :D

    http://couturecase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning outfit love the skirt!!
    http://ameliajaneroseknows.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with your necklace!

    x Julia from Juliasfashionminute.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kinda OTT but I can't help but love it!

      xx

      Delete
  14. You look wonderful girl, your skirt is just so so pretty x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thank you for all your lovely comments! i read every one and will get back to you all. if you have an urgent question, you can tweet me @elena_vincent and i'll reply much more quickly! xx